Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine's Day

Yesterday I was talking with my co-worker/host mom #2 and I asked her if she was planning something for Valentine’s Day. She said no because she has nobody. I teetered my head to the side and asked, “Well, what about your family? Are you not doing anything with them?”
“No. Valentine’s is a lover’s day.”

Somewhere in my head I always understood this but at the same time I also always viewed Valentine’s Day as a day so eat sweets and share it with your loved ones which includes family and friends. It can also be because at home, we also call it, “Dìa de la Amistad,” or “Friendship Day.” After I explained this to my host-mom, she said that only recently have people been giving chocolates to their friends as well. But not her. She does and gives nothing. (Or so she said.) And since we have a playful relationship I said, “So…I won’t give you any cookies.” Her slightly blank/slightly shocked face was the reaction I was hoping for. Immediately after she says, “No. You should make me a big heart. A big heart just for me.” Hahaha. She’s so awesome.
Actually…she was trying to convince me to make a heart-shaped carrot cake (because so far that’s her favorite of my baking goods). But I feel heart-shaped cookies will work better (since this way I can place some on everyone’s desk.)
v(^_^)v

1 comment:

Julia said...

:D Hi there, you're updating again! So am I, haha, or trying to at least. I wish I had someone/something special for Valentine's Day, but alas. :\ Oh well. :) I will try to be a more faithful commenter from now on!!!