Monday, December 1, 2008

Oxy-reunion Weekend and overall busyness (crazyness) PT. 2

After all my Oxy buddies left, I headed back home with Julia. She got to stay with me for 2 more days. Woohoo~! Sadly though, I had my Mid-year JET program meetings to attend that Tuesday and Wednesday. So Julia was left all alone in my place throughout the day. But at night, we did lots of socializing.

Awesome Grace made dinner both those nights and just about all the JETs gathered at her place (well, at least all the neighboring JETs) and Julia got to know my neighbors a little better.

The Mid-year seminar was alright. It was pretty cold but overall there were some helpful points from the presentations that were prepared by fellow JETs. The lunches, however, were not all that great…but hey, food is food and when you’re hungry…

On Thursday morning, I got up really early to get ready for work and take Julia to the airport. I had to take some time off of work to make sure I get her to the airport but not ridiculously early. We did get there early…but at least not like 5 hours too early. More like…an hour and half…maybe 2…can’t remember too great right now…
I rode the train to work (falling asleep along the way) and then attempted to walk from the Asakuragaido Station to my school. I had only been to this station maybe twice before. But it was from school to the station. This time, it was from the station to the school… But I recognize certain areas a lot better now. So I only got a little turned around but quickly found my way back.

And then this day, Shinichiro-san (the grad student I helped prepare for his college interview [who got in BTW]) came to visit Andachi-sensei and I! (She’s one of the JTE’s I directly work with). And he came with more gifts…ehehe^^; But he did seem really happy to have gotten in (not that I ever doubted it) and Andachi-sensei decided to make a monthly/bi-monthly meeting with him to help him to keep practicing his English and to practice doing presentations.

I sadly returned to my lonely apartment…

Oh, but another crazy weekend began soon enough…

No comments: