Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Week So Far...

So, I've had different things going on every night. It's been a little crazy...

Monday:
My buddy Aki took Liz and me to an Okonomiyaki restuarant that also has Monjayaki (which really popular in Tokyo and so there are few restaurants around here that have it). And then he took us up a mountain where the night view of the city was really nice. I only had my cellphone with me so my picture is not that great...I think Liz has better ones...It was fun but a little sad since it's the last time I'll see him since he'll be flying to LA on Saturday to go to Santa Ana Community College.

Tuesday:
Liz and me went to the city, hung out a bit and met up with some of my Japanese teachers (the ones that teach me Japanese not the Japanese teachers I work with) and some of my classmates to go to a Maid Cafe! It was actually quite fun. On certain food and drinks that you order, they can draw stuff on them!!! So, while everyone was asking for animals for their omlette's, I asked for an anime character (no surprise, ne?). But it ended up sparking a conversation with that maid because later she came back with a drawing of a character from the anime I had asked for (I asked her to draw a different on my omlette than the one she drew for me with pen) and gave it to me! And man, she's a great artist. So I told her that I draw too but not as well as her. So of course she wanted to see mine (and by chance, I had a picture of one in my cell) so yea...in a way I made a Maid friend. :P
I think my cousin enjoyed it too but...it was hard for her with the huge language barrier...

Wednesday:
Chikugawa Hanabi Taikai
(Chiku River Fireworks Festival)
This was so much fun! Fireworks for about an hour and half, festival food, friends and yukatas galore! I rushed home after work (felt work a little early actually), got into my yukata and actually managed to do the obi myself! I didn't need to use the ready set one! haha! But not until we were all down at Kurume (cities away from me) did one of my friends point out one little mistake: I had folded it incorrectly.
D'oh! ><"
But other than that, it was ok.
The return was a different ordeal. Getting to Kurume was alright aside from uber packed trains. Coming back...well, we couldn't even get INTO the station for a while. So we went to a department store and "chilled" for about 45 minutes and then tried the station again. This time around the gigantic crowd had pretty much disappeared.

Thursday:
Block event 1 - Son House
Last night, my fellow block heads Lupita and Emmett and I had our first block event: Dinner at Son House. I think it went rather well. Everyone was chatting with everyone else. Food was as yummy as ever. Yea, it was a good night. ^^

And now, my craziness will become even more crazy!!!

Today is the Fukuoka Orientation. After all that, there is an orientation dinner (where all the other re-contracting JETs that didn't present at the orientation can join and meet the new ALTs). So Liz and me are going to a beer garden for dinner tonight. But we're going to skip the after party at club Gossip. It sounds like a nice club but I still need to finish packing for my trip up North with my cousin!

So yea, I'll definately be MIA for a week+. We will be in Kyoto for about 3 and half days and in Tokyo for about 5 days. Oh man...it's going to be fun and I can imagine unbelieably tiring...ugh...

Craziness to be reported later.

Mata ne!

No comments: