Friday, January 9, 2009

12/18/08; 14:26

So after all that fun stuff, I had one more fun event before my very scary test.

I had another bonenkai to attend! This one was for all the teachers that teach the first years. But since this one was scheduled 4 days before my Japanese Proficiency Test, I had the intention of just going, eating and then leaving.

Yea…

So the food was great again. This time, it was at a Chinese restaurant and it was pretty yummy! But this time I had only one small glass of beer (for the kanpai…or toast…). And since most of my co-workers saw me drink at the last bonenkai, they kept trying to refill my cup this time. I think I said I wasn’t because of my test about 5 times that night. They seemed really surprised at how I wasn’t going crazy but taking care…

Anyhoo, some of the teachers were talking about doing karaoke after the dinner. Although I can do karaoke any other time, how often will I be able to do this with my co-workers? So…I went to karaoke with them. hehe. I sang 4 in Japanese (two as duets), one in Spanish and one in English. They were really surprised that I sang some in Japanese (though they weren’t that great…and I had some of them like half or fully memorized…hahaha). Apparently, “Sakura” by “Ketsumeishi” is a Japanese song according to my co-worker/boss. A Japanese song being that most Japanese know that song and because I like it and sang it, I have a Japanese heart. Hahaha.

Yea, this specific co-worker, Uchida-sensei, is continuously being surprised by me…or so I’ve been noticing…

Anyhoo, after this bonenkai, my days for my test were numbered. I got lucky in the sense that my students were taking exams that week as well (so I didn’t have to teach) and so I used the bells that timed them for the tests to do my practice tests.

And then it snowed on Saturday!!! The day before my test, there was snow!!!

And then there was test…it was almost ridiculously hard…and now I’m just waiting on the results (I won’t know ‘til February). I think it’s like a 50/50 chance of passing at the moment. Only because I guessed through about half of the test…yea, it was THAT hard…
Ugh… -_-“

But it’s all over with and I have learned new kanji and new expressions through it. And I will of course continue to study Japanese. ^^

Ah…I think I need to go board now…

No comments: