Sunday, January 18, 2009

Alone again...but this time with Kerosine...

Hello out there!

So, my past 4 - 6 weeks have been quite crazy. (wow...it's only been like 6 weeks...o_O)

So I'm back in Japan now. And my parents just returned to the states this morning and so I'm all alone yet again... It was nice having roommates for a while...even if they did change my stuff and ended up burning one of my towels...but that's another story. I do miss the company...

But, I'll get somewhat used to it again as I did before. I've noticed that I deal with it better as long as I keep myself busy. I tend to get more things done this way as well.

Oh yes, the kerosine. So my dad was keen on trying to kerosine heater and so we tried it over the weekend before they left. Man, that thing reeks!

I've been trying to figure out how to ventilate the rooms as it first lights (since that's really the only time it really smells). But it doesn't seem to be working all too well...I feel I need to point the fall at it to make the fumes go out of the window instead of spreading throughout the room...

The other thing I've been thinking is remodeling the living room as that I can place the heater closer to the door-window so that the fumes can get out faster. I'm still brainstorming and I think I'll consult my neighbors on it first...

Oh yea, and I'm not sure if it is the kerosine or not but my throat felt rather dry in the morning, I had (still sort of have) a slight cough and I was wheezing a bit biking to work this morning... I really don't want to have asthmatic problems here...but the slight deep pain in my chest is worrying me a bit...

(fear not! I am ok. Just adjusting to the weather...)

No comments: