Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Burr Update...

So...I've been meaning to annouce that I've now been able to see my breath in the morning. Yes, it is that cold. It's pretty much what I consider to be winter in LA...and it's still fall!!!

This morning, while I was in the bathroom washing up, I saw my breath!!! Indoors!!! o_O; I knew it was cold and I've heard that that these Japanese jutakus don't keep the heat very well (and that at times it's apparently colder inside?? eh?) but I never thought that I might see my own breath condense indoors!!!

So yes, this morning I was thinking, "It's like winter. This is winter for me. Oh crap...it's only fall..."...

But since I either ride my bike or walk to work (I usually walk when it rains or looks like it's going to rain) I tend to get warm by the time I get to work. So I'm warm my first hour in...and then I get really cold...and I chill at the hot water dispenser area because I can drink warm tea and, when the sun is out, incubate. ;P

And today I brought the little lap blanket I bought a week or two ago. This is for when it gets even colder and for the days I have long periods to chill at my desk between classes or for the weeks I'm stuck doing grading and planning the next lesson instead of teaching.

So...I haven't frozen yet!

Oh, on that matter, I have no kotatsu cord. I went into a store to buy a cord, was really happy they did sell only the cord but was disappointed, sad and frustrated that it was the wrong size. Luckily they returned me my money but I'm stuck with a table and heater and no cord to turn it on with! So, I will either have to look around for a store that does sell the size I need or just go and buy a new heater (because then it will come with a cord)...so...what to do? What to do???

No comments: