Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wooo! v(^^)

So, yesterday I was at work and the schedule was changed and so the JTE that I was scheduled to team-teach with decided to cancel (we teach the rowdiest class...after any time after lunch is pretty to handle...her choice, not mine).

Anyhoo, this meant that I basically had the day free. What did I do? Well, I tried really hard to study but really my eyes were glued to my computer screen. Yes I was surfing the net. I was at msnbc.com. I was keeping a close eye on the results of the election!!!

The pretty awesome thing was that my co-workers noticed I was watching that and they too were interested. Every so often they'd come over over my shoulder and ask how it was going.

At one point, I was talking (instant messaging style) with Shana through gmail and she just goes all, "OMG! HE WON!!! THEY JUST ANNOUNCED IT!! OMG OMG OMG!!!"
...and even refreshing the screen on msnbc.com didn't show it that fast!!!

So I had to go to cnn.com to see the crazy tallies of 287 (can't remember all that well now...). I would have yelped for joy...but I was in the staff room/teacher's room...but I did do a little happy dance in my seat and clap my hands excitedly.

xD

Gotta say, that was the most intense election I've watched in my lifetime and the most interested I have ever been in a presidential election.

Woot!
v(^^)

2 comments:

Mike said...

whoa whoa whoa

you only teach every other week and you're psyched when a class gets cancelled?

What do you usually do at work?

Kinoko Times said...

Like I told you yesterday, I wasn't excited for the fact that my class got canceled but that I was able to continue watching the election. I'm normally bummed when it gets canceled.

At work I usually, grade, lesson plan, occasional e-mail/blog, study when I have time...lately I've been helping some students prepare for their English interview and one for his college interview. So now I have...300 or papers to grade...yay...