Monday, February 23, 2009

Another thing I wanted to mention

So, I've been meaning to write about this experience but I've been so busy, I kept forgetting to.

So, there's a dry cleaners right across from where I live. I love how convinient it is and more at how fast they get stuff done (next day service. Woo~!)

So I usually talk to the lady that I think owns the place. She's really nice. Anyhoo, so one of my blazers, didn't have a button on one of the sleaves. It took me a while to notice this (since it's on a side I can't normally see and the color of the button really hides into the sleave). I've gone to this place many-a-times before but about twice she noticed that I was missing a button. And everytime I was like, "Oh yea, I should get on that" but always forgot (I have the button, I just don't remember to sew it on).

So some weeks ago, I was putting my blazer away at night when I randomly remembered about the button. And then I notice that both sleaves had a button. It then dawned on me that the last night I took it to the cleaners, the lady must have sewed on a button for me. And at no extra charge!

I don't know if they do this because Japanese people are just this friendly with one another or because they feel like helping me out since I'm the foreigner living alone.

That was so sweet of her. I want to bake her goodies now. :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww that was so nice of her! yasashii ne!