Monday, August 4, 2008

道をまよりました

August 5, 2008
So today is interesting so far.
So I’ve been living with Shibata-san and I’ve come to school and back home with her. Today I tried going to school on my own. Now, there’s two roads to go to school. One through the South entrance (I believe it’s the south entrance) and another that loops behind it and comes up right by the teachers entrance (yes, the students and teachers have different entrances). Anyhoo, I tried coming up the road that goes behind the school because it’ll bring me closer to the teacher’s entrance. Well, I thought I knew the way.


Yea…I even sort of followed a student (not sure if he was a Chikushi high school student since he was in his baseball outfit). So I wound up behind a school. Not sure if it was Chikushi or not but I couldn’t find a way to go the side I wanted to go (next to the teacher’s entrance). So, I backtracked. I thought about giving it a second try but since I was already running late (both in the sense that I just lost some time and that in Japan if you’re not early (between 15 to 30 minutes early) you’re considered late. So I went farther back to the road I do know (and that also has a slightly steep road I have to climb up).
I arrived roughly 5 minutes late.
So…really late Japan time…
><”
And then, Kouchou-sensei was hanging out in the Teacher’s room (kouchou-sensei = principal). ehehehe^^;; But it was alright. I signed in and later we talked. In which case I did mention that I got a little lost…but we laughed about it. So I guess everything’s alright. I is my first week here in Fukuoka anyway. And I’ve been moving about so…I’m starting to get to know the area but…yea…I think I have to try harder…

Oh yea. And I need to ask someone around here for the pass code for the internet…and my very helpful JTE (Japanese Teachers of English) have taken the day off…so…I’m going to have to ask someone else for help…
Well…then again, I have heard that they don’t expect too much of foreigners…and I am new…so I guess asking for help and asking a lot of questions is ok.
:P

No comments: