Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thunder...and still lonely

August 14th

Good morning all! Well, it is morning for me. It’s not that early either…I got yesterday through Friday off of work (due to Obon) so I’ve been at home trying to clean…and fight my arachnophobia. I never thought it was that bad…’til I saw that huge one! ><”
Anyhoo, so last night there was a lot of thunder. It’s been raining just about everyday but before last night, it was usually around the evening. It would begin while I was a work or, over the weekend, some time around the evening. But last night, it rained with thunder and lightning around…midnight I believe. It really made my windows shake. It wasn’t really scary but I did fear that my windows would break…I tried to record the sound on my camera…but it sounds funny…
So Japan apparently has lots of thunder and lightning storms. Something that doesn’t happen that often back at home. I vaguely remember thunder storms as a child…but I don’t think a lot of that has happened before…But it was nice to hear thunder again.
…but again, it was a little sad that I was all alone in my apartment…
I’m really not liking it here…it’s so dirty and run down…
On Monday (most likely when all these get posted…) I’m going to ask my supervisor if there’s a way I can move to one of the other apartments in the same Jutaku (that way it’s not really moving away persay and hopefully my rent will stay the same). I guess having stayed in homestays did spoil me a bit. Their places were really clean and there weren’t many problems with bugs! (well, at least that I was able to tell). It rather makes me want to live there again. I’ll pay Shibata-san the rent! (She does have an extra room and bathroom on top of her garage…I think I heard that previous JETs would stay there…so…it’s rather tempting to ask if I can do that. ;P) The only problem that I can see is that she lives with her family. Don’t get me wrong, I love that feeling of being with a big family. But I feel that I may be intruding… And then I think about her friend Shioya-san. I met her the day I came over and she took me to her house (really close to Shibata-san and the school too). And she showed me some part of her house where she said her son used to live. So…her place looks a little tempting too. And Shioya-san knows some English.
So…I’m going to see if I can move to one of the other apartments (2nd or 3rd floor to get away from the all the bugs and bad floors) and if that fails…I’ll try to work it out…but if it really makes me depressed…I’ll either move somewhere else (where I run the chance of having a higher rent to pay) or…see if I can pay Shioya-san or Shibata-san for rent…

No comments: