Sunday, August 10, 2008

Internet & falling...what a day...

Hokay, so the internet at work is unbelievably slow! It's one thing when it just tests my patients but when I can't even reply to an e-mail just drives me crazy! (more so than I already am).

Anyhoo, I'm in the computer room right now. The internet is faster but since I couldn't find my folder online that's on the school network, I couldn't add my photos and so still cannot show you any of the 300 or so photos that I have (No I wasn't going to send all of them!)

So I finally moved into my apartment last night. But because they had just finished repairing the floors, the whole place was a little dusty. So before I can really start to unpack, I have to clean the whole place. To my standards...it needs some cleaning... ehehe^^; (it seems that the last couple months when I was home cleaning really rubbed off on me and now I want everything clean...) So I haven't seen too many bugs yet. I fear I'll meet one of those infamous huge spiders I keep hearing about...so far I've only seen the equivalent to the daddy-long legs and some freaky bright green and black spiders. Though I hear they're harmless and it's the centipedes I should worry about...but really what I'm putting up a battle with are the darn mosquitos!!! Not even 24hours in my apartment and already they were attacking my legs. So one of the first things I bought was a mosquito incense thing. It's actually rather cute. It works like the plug-in air freshener but the container that holds the incense is a black piggy! I also bought a spider spray bomb thing. I used it before coming to work this morning. Hopefully by the time I return my living room and bedroom are spider free...though I have seen one in the shower room... ><"
So because I got into my apartment rather late (and then went out to eat dinner with my new neighbors) I didn't get a chance to look for which bike used to be Stino's. So I walked to work this morning. It was bad and I didn't get lost. I got a little turned around at one point but I knew where I was going. However, one of the things that I've managed to avoid finally happened this morning...I tripped and fell... *><* Luckily though, I didn't sprain my ankle. I just hurt my knee a bit. So I got up and kept walking. A high school student must have seen me fall...I wonder if he wanted to laugh...and I wonder if he'll be one of my students... Oh, and then after walking for a bit more further, I found out I was near Shioya-san's house (Shibata-san's friend).
In any case, I got to work rather early. But there's only like 4 other teachers (excluding me) that came in today! [This week is Obon week. It's about the equivalent of Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead in my culture]. However, because of this reason, I got Wednesday through Friday off (and it doesn't count as nenkyu [paid leave]! mahahaha). So I'm planning on finishing my cleaning and unpacking during those days. As well as doing a huge grocery shopping. But first, I must clean...and unpack...
But the apartment doesn't seem so bad. Of course it doesn't carry the "home" feeling yet (and if any of you saw my dorm room last year...you'd understand). So over the next month or so I hope to settle in and slowly buy things to make it feel less like an apartment and make it feel like my place.

So, sorry for not really being online to do chatting/calls. I'll work on getting internet at my place a little later and then work on times to be online at the same time. 'Til then, just read my blog and send me e-mails! ;P

~ (r4z'/ R3/>

No comments: