Sunday, August 17, 2008

Spider Visit

August 13


Hokay, so I just saw the biggest spider I’ve ever seen (well, excluding tarantulas). But I mean this one was big!!! I wouldn’t be surprised if it is part of the tarantula family…
Anyway, so my co-worker came over this morning because she was a little worried about me (I think some of my co-workers see me as family…). Yesterday, she had taken me to run some errands (since they were all interested on what it was I needed to buy). One of the things on my list was a water purifier. We found one at a store near my apartment. But this morning she said that that one isn’t actually all that good. Either she later figured out that it was a cheap water purifier or she later understood what I was talking about… So she came this morning with a different water purifier (more of what I had in mind too). After we assembled it and she explained which one was good for drinking, she asked if there was anything else I needed help with. I mentioned the washing machine. So out we go to the balcony and because I don’t want more mosquitos in my apartment, I was trying to move the screen when all of a sudden I see something brown move! Of course I screamed. It was huge! So because it was somewhere on the doorway, I wanted to move the doors and screen to try to keep it out of my apartment when out of nowhere that little booger ran in!!! ><” My co-worker laughed at me a bit (I didn’t really pay attention to how I was screaming…I bet it was funny). She said that here in Japan, the spiders don’t bite people. They eat the mosquitos (that have been trying to suck me dry!). So in a sense, they protect the house (according to her).
So…there’s a huge brown spider somewhere in my apartment. I’m hoping that it’s only in the room I saw it run into…I’ve closed off the doors but…since the sliding doors are a little crocket (or the doorway), there’s a little crack that I’m worried it can go through…so…I think that after I get some more cleaning done, I’m going to use this spider spray I had (which I’ve been spraying before going to work but around the bedroom and living room areas) and spray that room and part of the kitchen. But because I have to leave the house for a bit, I think I’ll do it around lunch time and just go out for a walk and eat out…and hope that freakin’ spider goes back outside…
Hmm…I should try to open that screen a bit so that it can run out again…crap…I think I have to go back in…. ><”
So…will I know be able to get over my phobia of spiders??? Only time will tell…but right now, it doesn’t look like it. I was already a little uneasy of the jumping one I saw in the bathroom which I let live…but I don’t think I can deal with this humongous spider…

…where’s my spider killer??? ; _ ;

No comments: